All your facial muscles will be exercised and you will look youthful and cool. A smile brings a lot of internal and external calm. A smile can even win you an enemy.
2. Take care of your body
If you take care of your body today, it will give back to you with interest whenever, you require it later. The body is responsible for your presence today.
3. Your body is your best friend
The time you spend for your body is the best time you give to yourself. Your body is your most faithful friend.
4. Understand your body signals
The body continuously gives you signals which are both positive and negative. Becoming aware of them is what is required of you.
5. Nurture your body like a child
Let’s stop abusing our body. instead, let us treat it like a child. When we give a lot of care and attention, we reap a cumulative benefit.
6. Use all parts of your body proportionately
In our day-to-day activities, we should ensure that we start using all our parts of the body rather than over using some parts and underusing the rest.
7. Exercise regularly
Set aside a time every day to exercise physically. We need to strike a balance between our mind and the body.
8. Eat healthy food
To remain healthy, we need to be always conscious that we eat the right food.
9. Work on a personalized balanced diet
The diet we eat is like the clothes we wear, it has to fit us right. Moreover, it is not the same food that suits all.
10. Focus on the food you eat
Whenever we are having a meal, let us try not to speak in person or on our cell phones to our friends or associates.
11. Have a sound sleep daily
Let us develop the ability to wake up when we want and sleep whenever required irrespective of our alarm and the snooze button.
12. Set workable goals for your personal and professional life
A goal has to be achieved by us. Let us plan ahead to make it achievable.
13. Learn and practice the art of prioritising
It is very essential to develop self-organization skills like prioritisation. This will ensure that all of the planned activities are fulfilled.
14. Regularly unlearn and relearn new ways of doing things
The art of forgetting, is very essential in order to learn newer things for life, both professional and personal.
15. Live in the present
Today is the moment of action. It sets the path for tomorrow’s activities. Do not worry about tomorrow.
16. Learn from you past experiences
Past life is meant only to gather wisdom and goodness. Let us not look at what was not accomplished.
17. Handle time effectively
Time is the best resource that is available in common to the entire world. By managing time effectively, we can take control of all the things around us.
18. Understand the art of working with people
If we understand our personal style of handling and operating internally and take control, working with others becomes easy.
19. Spend quality time with your family
Let the available time at home be spent with minimal technological accompaniments. Let only human voices and silence reverberate.
20. Go on a family outing once in every quarter
The physical time and space for the family is much more than the mental space and time. When this is out of home and office, it has its own energy.
21. Spend thoughtfully for your children
Spend for your children as an extension of yourself and not out of guilt and as a compensation for the time and energy, you have not spent.
22. Indulge in some spiritual activity
We have to remember that we always have to be connected to our higher self, irrespective of form.
23. Invest in a meaningful hobby
Hobbies keep us alive and energetic in this busymechanised life of today. Invest on meaningful hobbies that give you satisfaction.
24. Energise your external and internal being
Learn ways and means of energising yourself, both internally and externally. Evaluate and pick from the available options.
25. Spend time with nature
Nature is bountiful and a connection with her will help us remain closest to our true selves.
60 Action Points for You and your Family
Would you like to participate in the Wellness Campaign of World Wellness Organization (WWO)?
Would you like to prevent diseases instead of a fight later? Would you like to live healthy,
happy and long with your family members?
Well, get into action. Create Wellness Magic in you and in your family. Set an example of yourself by following wellness commandments with a self demonstration. Obviously, as a thumb rule, you can participate in the Wellness Campaign of World Wellness
Organization when you follow the wellness commandments yourself and set an example by leading from the front. Here is a list of 60 Wellness Tips for you and for our family to follow wellness regime.
1. Wear a Wellness Smile always. Always be positive. Carry an ‘I Can’ attitude.
2. Wear a very strong ‘Wellness Posture’. Show the world who you are
3. Honor & respect your words. Be in complete integrity with everyone & everything
4. Gift yourself with a ‘Wellness Gift’ periodically to remind you of your commitment
5. Dedicate 20 minutes of your time to quality reading on ‘Wellness Topic’
6. Live in the present. Don’t carry ‘past’ baggage and don’t worry about the future
7. Feel connected with the super power and Mother Nature. Be spiritual
8. Prepare a weekly ‘Wellness Menu’ and mind what you are eating
9. Eat moderate. Make a sincere effort to eat just 50% of your current food
10. Use more and more vegetables and fruits, preferably organically grown
11. Eat all color vegetables (Not just green; Use carrot, beat root etc)
12. Prepare smoothie regularly and initiate a ‘Meal Replacement Program’
13. Avoid 5 white poisons: Rice, Sugar, Milk, Salt and White floor
14. Practice 1 Hour in the morning or in the evening as ‘Wellness Hour”, daily
15. Practice 1 Day in a week as a ‘Wellness Week’
16. Initiate a Family Wellness Exercise Routine
17. Empower every family member to be present for the dinner and eat together
18. Spend 1o minutes with your family to speak/discuss about ‘Wellness’ every night after dinner. Let’s call it ‘Post Dinner Wellness Discussion’
19. Make a sincere attempt to improve your personal hygiene
20. Mind your and your family members’ water intake
21. Eat (sip) water (Drink slowly & frequently); Eat solid food (Chew it enough
22. After dinner have a small ‘Laughing Session’ to relieve stress
23. Informally get into some entertainment such as singing, joke etc after dinner
24. Say ‘I Love You’ to every team member in your family at least once in a day
25. Forgive & forget the days ‘upsets’ by setting it up. Close the day with ‘I Love You’
26. Prepare different posters on various wellness themes/topics and display/ stick/ hang them at various places available in your house
27. Send ‘Wellness SMSs’ daily. For instance send 1 Wellness Commandment everyday
28. Prepare a Annual Calendar with ’10 Commandments of Wellness’
29. Buy a ‘weighing scale’ at home and check your weight/obesity/BMI regularly
30. Reduce reading ‘Newspapers’ and watching ‘TV Soup Operas/Serials’
31. Use steps instead of lifts, elevators or escalators and keep yourself fit
32. Check your blood sugar levels, at least once in a month and keep a regular watch
33. Use a respectful and civilized Wellness language. Avoid loose/casual talk
34. Send ‘Wellness Cards’ through your children to distribute it to two students daily
35. Send ‘Wellness thought for the day/power words everyday either by SMS or Email
36. Create the concept of ‘Wellness Kitchen’. Let it be the source for Wellness Food
37. Brush your teeth daily twice i.e. in the morning and before you go to bed
38. Watch out your bowel movement. Ideally, go to toilet as many times you eat
39. Do Yoga (Pranayama) practically daily
40. Observe ‘Silence/Mouna’ daily for some time to refresh your find and introspect
41. Set up ‘Mini Wellness Library’ at home. Collect good books, journals & magazines
42. Organize ‘Wellness Evenings’ with your neighbors/relatives in the evenings
43. Plan ‘Wellness Outing’ periodically / frequently / once in a month as per schedule
44. Send ‘Wellness Cards’ containing Greetings of all occasions
45. Grow ‘Medicinal Plants (such as Tulsi etc) and use them as ‘Home Remedies’
46. Save Water and electricity as a responsible citizen. Use them sparingly.
47. Reduce consuming too much of toxin drinks such as Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks etc
48. Avoid junk (processed/synthetic/fried) food. Use natural health supplements
49. Avoid using synthetic clothes. Use comfortable cotton clothes
50. Go for an ‘Annual Master Health Check Up’ and keep a close watch on your health
51. Save 10% for your future and ensure your financial Wellness
52. Completely avoid using Credit Cards (Avoid spending money that is not yours)
53. Plan your monthly budgets. Keep a track of your income and expenses
54. Be a responsible citizen. Have PAN card. Pay taxes as per the law of the land
55. Develop a habit of crating assets for you and your family
56. Have a long term vision for the entire family
57. Always feel free to express yourself and share your feelings loudly
58. Give your children enough quality and quantity time. Give them your ‘being’
59. Teach your children ‘Wellness Lifestyle’ from a very young age
60. Follow ’10 Awake India Civic Codes’
60 Action points for Your Team
Are you benefited from the 10 commandments of World Wellness Organization? Is your lifestyle changed? Would you like to share this benefit with your family members, neighbors, relatives, friends and even strangers?
They say if you have a will there is a way! Well, with us it is much better! If you have the smallest desire to spread Wellness we have as many as 60 Wellness Tips for you!
Check which region and state you belong to. Check what is your regional and state wise target is and commit yourself to participate in our Wellness Campaign by committing yourself into action by accepting a target that will challenge you to get into the action. Here are the 60 Wellness Tips for your Team.
1. Distribute ‘Wellness Leaflets/Pamphlets/Slips/Chits’ at any busy places, weekly
2. Send ‘Wellness SMSs’ to your to people in your Cell Phone Address Book
3. Enroll/impress local writers/journalists/reporters to write ‘Wellness Articles’
4. Arrange ‘Wellness Seminars’ in schools to reach out to students, parents and staff
5. Organize Wellness Seminars at religious places as a community Wellness campaign
6. Use train/train stations, bus/bus station to distributes ‘Wellness Message Cards’
7. Arrange Wellness Seminars at NGOs, Clubs, Organizations & Corporate Companies
8. Arrange Wellness Seminars at Banks, Police Stations, Institutes & Health Clubs
9. Organize Special Wellness Seminars for Senior Citizens
10. Wellness Seminars for Sports Organizations, Beauty Parlors, Women (Kitty Parties)
11. Keep ‘Wellness Information Leaflets’ at cash centers of Super Market/Malls
12. Use Library/Other public places to distribute ‘Free Wellness Information’
13. Forward Emails to people about Wellness
14. Conduct marathon / Rallies / Human Chains / Exhibitions etc
15. Create a songs/jingles on 10 commandments
16. Make a Wellness CD and dub it in many regional languages
17. Organize competitions and debates on Wellness
18. Hold public meetings in stadiums, open places and grounds once on 6 months
19. Contact local channels and media to promote programs/articles on Wellness
20. Organize local wellness camps
21. Contact spiritual TV Channels (such as Aaastha) to air TV programs
22. Prepare street dramas/skits/mimicry etc to spread wellness message
23. Organize road shows and motor cycle rallies
24. Promote GET Whatever You Want workshop in a big way in school
25. Organize 10 minutes ‘Street Corner’ meetings
26. Respect Mother Nature
27. Create greenery around you by protecting existing and planting new trees
28. Form local Wellness Councils
29. Educate/advocate use of herbs for diseases
30. Organize team meetings on Wellness for your team members
31. Have a Water Watch report to check its quality and report to government body
32. Promote cotton fabric
33. Promote organic foods
34. Avoid the use of plastic/polythene bags
35. Use sign boards at highways and road dividers
36. Supply 10 commandments posters to school
37. Build love and relationship through team spirit
38. Enroll doctors into wellness
39. Prepare ‘prescription pads with wellness messages to doctors
40. Print 10 commandments behind the visiting cards
41. Organize Wellness Home meetings
42. Organize Wellness Women Organization
43. Organize Children Wellness Club
44. Reach 10 commandments to the masses
45. Set Team Goals to team members
46. Distribute small wellness gifts
47. Have a house-to-house campaign everyday
48. Have stalls, exhibition umbrellas in colonies
49. Organize door hanger campaign
50. Promote 10 commandments in hospitals, clinics, pathology labs, cyber cafes, cinema slides
51. Prepare car stickers
52. Look out for free banners on the web sites
53. Request local corporate companies to sponsor wellness programs
54. Prepare Wellness Jackets
55. Request for some time to present 10 commandments during other events
56. Print 10 commandments at the backside of drama, movie tickets
57. Look out for free cinema slides as it is for a cause
58. Create Wellness Youth Clubs
59. Create Wellness campaigns at gyms and adventure clubs
60. Create wellness carry bags
61. Adopt technology and science
62. Teach people to become service
63. Wear wellness badges, t-shirts, bands and caps
WELLNESS TIPS: COLD WATER
Do you like to drink a lot of chilled / refrigerated / cold water?
Kindly read this!
If you drink a glass of refrigerated water after or during a meal, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff (food) that you have just consumed. This will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer.
Solution: Avoid refrigerated liquids during meals as far as possible. Instead drink a cup of hot soup before or warm water after a meal.